Saturday, November 26, 2016

Adorned

Eyes that looked at you, did not look for you
Lips that curled into a fake plastic smile
Ears that discerned the words you spoke
A nose which smelt the other in you
A beautiful woman I saw in the mirror but did not know to be one.

And then you made a woman out of me
And the blood which flowed thickly inside me turned to water.

My eyes full of knowing I now accentuate
The dark kohl underlines the new knowing I have about you
My lips are full and red with secrets waiting to be told
Hold me close and they quiver and burst forth
My ears thrill now to the touch of your fingers
Louder and clearer than any words
My nose I now embellish with a glittering jewel
That I may smell the rubies, pearls, the fumes, shadows in you

A woman is adorned
And in that adornment, a new man and woman are born.





No comments: