Sunday, November 26, 2006

On One Stiletto

She veered dangerously close to the edge... but why was she wobbling like that? I looked at her, she looked back at me... everything about her seemed perfect... her slender yet curvaceous body caressed lovingly by the shimmering blue silk, the string of pearls adorning her graceful neck,
the fine translucence of her skin making her glow like a carefully polished gem... ah! I let my gaze wander over her again, this time, taking in her radiance from top to toe....my gaze stopped abruptly at her feet....one lovely white foot encased in a dazzling blue stiletto, but where was the other stiletto? She teetered on the beam, trying to balance herself on that one stiletto. And then I caught her eye... she was looking down at her feet and there was something indescribable in her eyes... a smile, a tear, a sigh, all kaleidoscoping each other. And suddenly, I felt as if she was trying to tell me something, to help me and herself understand the mystery of the single stiletto. In one powerful moment, I felt a flash of knowing... she had chosen to wear just one stiletto! She was trying to reach for something on that one stiletto, yet it evaded her grasp, because she was missing the other stiletto. She was high, yet grounded.. her face was turned to the skies, but her eyes were lowered towards her feet....

No comments: