Friday, April 25, 2014

Poems from a Nani to her grandson

High-Five

Obi, my grandson
Obi, my bright one
Obi, Baba's small boy
Obi, Amma's eternal joy!

Lil Ray, a drop of golden sun
What you do is so much fun
With pencil and colours, scissors and glue
You make pictures and figures in so many hues.

You love stories of demons and kings
And know to do so many things
You can make round rotis
And fold big dhotis
Water the flowers
Chant many prayers
Sing pretty rhymes
And hop many times
Like Milkha you run a mile
And flash a dazzling smile

Your Jana-Gana for our nation
Brings deep admiration
Your rich vocabulary
Will outstrip the dictionary

The gymnastics you do
Make me call you my laddoo
I could go on like this
But I'll save it for your six! :-)

With all the love in the world
Nani

No comments: