Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Just like that...

Two things i find quite remarkable

1. That the people we know are somehow destined to come into our lives. I find at times that there are unseen/ unfelt forces which impel us towards making contact with these people.... they come into lives to reveal something significant about ourselves, about who we are, what we are doing. And I am not talking here only about friends, colleagues, mentors. I mean people who we come across in a variety of situations.

2. Books which resonate our life circumstances somehow present themselves to us at the right time. In fact today I began reading Doris Lessing's 'Love, Again' where she says the same thing, "but what could be odder than the way that books which chime with one's condition or stage in life insinuate themselves into one's hand." This is the third book by Lessing that I am reading. I read The Golden Notebook and Time Bites before this. When I read the Golden Notebook i found it deeply resonating with what I was going through at that time. To think that I came across the above line in this third book of hers, makes me believe all the more in it.

No comments: